Proudly Presented In Glorious 2-D!

<b>Proudly Presented In Glorious 2-D!</b>
2010 marks the 25th year for Drivin N Cryin.

The band has agreed to allow cameras to invade their collective space in an effort to document the milestone.

The filmmakers will use this blog to keep Drivin N Cryin fans up to date on the project.

Follow us as we follow the band on a months-long journey that will result in a full-length feature film.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spent yesterday doing more editing on the 'I See Georgia'video with Rett Thompson (one of many people helping me bring this project to fruition). Most of our time was spent on tightening scene transitions, though we did swap out a couple of band segments in the process. I'm finding there's a big difference between the editing needed for the video and the documentary. The doc is more wide-open, and ultimately, linear. A video on the other hand, is more about the layering of imagery. The editing in the documentary can at times be rather chaotic. But every image in the video has to compliment the preceding and following images. Colors, themes, rhythms all have to roll and blend together. Both are fun but they require entirely different mental gears to pull off.

I still love the song 'I See Georgia' even though I've heard it about 3,000 times since starting the video. But one reference in the song had fallen on deaf ears until Friday night. About 2/3rds of the way through Kevn sings about being in Europe when he heard that Deacon Lunchbox died. I assumed Deacon Lunchbox was some southern blues musician. I don't know why I assumed that- but I did. Friday night I got curious, did the Google thing and was pleasantly surprised to find out how wrong I was in my assumption. Deacon Lunchbox was a very funny 'Hillbilly Poet' from Atlanta who died at 41 when a drunk driver crossed lanes and hit the car he was riding in. Two members of another very good local group called The Jody Grind lost their lives in the accident as well.

Check him out at the link below. He reminds me of a southern Brother Theodore. He won't be everyone's cup of tea- but his stuff makes me laugh.


Deacon Lunchbox On MySpace


The Jody Grind- Eight Ball