Proudly Presented In Glorious 2-D!

<b>Proudly Presented In Glorious 2-D!</b>
2010 marks the 25th year for Drivin N Cryin.

The band has agreed to allow cameras to invade their collective space in an effort to document the milestone.

The filmmakers will use this blog to keep Drivin N Cryin fans up to date on the project.

Follow us as we follow the band on a months-long journey that will result in a full-length feature film.

Thursday, March 18, 2010



I'm an impatient person by nature. But there are times when it's appropriate to slow down a bit and take a little more time than planned with something. While making what I thought was a kind-of, final tweak edit on the 'I See Georgia' video yesterday we experimented with a few different things that pushed the pacing into a whole better place. The good news is that I was walking on air when I left the edit. The bad news is that we have to open the whole thing back up again to apply the lessons learned yesterday to the rest of the video.


In a perfect world we'd hole up for three straight nights and finish it within days- but this particular video is proudly being put together by a band of mad gypsies. Everyone has other responsibilities & varying schedules so we end up working together whenever it's possible to get together. It's going to take at least two or three more sessions to apply the new tricks to all of the previously 'finished' footage. We'll book and work every chance we get, but those sessions are sure to be spread out over the next couple weeks. So, while on one hand, I feel a bit behind schedule- on the other, I'm ecstatic about the things we came up with yesterday.



I've also been going through the hours of footage Rett shot of the band last weekend. I'm always knocked out by how engaging, entertaining & witty the guys are before and after they hit the stage. They always provide a wealth of material whenever we shoot. Most of my impatience with the video making process has to do with my yearning to dive into the documentary with full focus. Drivin N Cryin is the best Rock N Roll band in America right now and I can't wait to introduce more people to them when we complete the movie.